HERE WE ARE
Gereja Methodist Subang Jaya
Gereja Methodist Subang Jaya (GMSJ) is local church situated in the commercial and education hub of SS15, Subang Jaya. GMSJ. GMSJ was officially inaugurated as a preaching point in September 1982.
In 1993, the Subang Jaya Preaching Point became a Local Church of the Chinese Annual Conference (CAC) and is known as Gereja Methodist Subang Jaya since then.
Gereja Methodist Subang Jaya or otherwise commonly known as GMSJ :
• September 1982 - officially inaugurated as a preaching point by Klang Chinese Methodist Church
• 1993 – gained approval as a Local Conference
• 1994 – started the preaching point – Ekklesia Methodist USJ (EMUSJ)… which became a Local Conference in 2001
• 2001 – big move into the current sanctuary in Unit W-1-3 & Unit W-2-3 Business Park West Wing, Subang Square
• 1st April 2001 – Dedication and Thanksgiving Service – a historic moment of GMSJ when the whole church celebrated with joy and gratitude to our ever faithful God.
Preaching Points Established
• 2nd January 2011 – Dedication Service for our preaching point Gereja Methodist Ara Damansara (GMAD)
• 15th June 2014 – Dedication Service for our 2nd preaching point Gereja Methodist Immanuel Banting (GMIB)
• 24th November 2019 - Inauguration Service for Putra Heights Methodist Church
Putra Heights Methodist Church
10.00am - Bilingual worship service (Holy Communion on the 4th Sunday)
WHAT WE BELIEVE ?
Our belief is set out in the Apostles’ Creed as below:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord;
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
He descended into hades.
the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.